Onesie & Beanbag Pillow

You might remember from my *Summer Sewing Goals* that I said I was going to make a beanbag/pillow type thing. I recently made it, as well as a onesie and since writing up more sewing posts was also on my list, I'm going to combine both of them in this post.


Starting out with the onesie! They've been a huge trend lately so I thought I'd make one :) Most onesies I've seen have been in fun prints and animal styles, so to contiue that "fun" fabric trend I chose a nice, mint green shade. It's in a light jersey so won't be to hot for NZ conditions :) The pattern I used (Kwik Sews K2175) had two views, one with feet and one without. Being my daring self (ha!) I decided to make the one with feet. When I was looking at the back of the pattern -trying to figure out how much fabric to buy -I realised that I needed gripper fabric *sigh*. At first I couldn't find any but then, after asking a few people I came across some. I'd never worked with gripper fabric before, but soon discovered it wasn't all that bad! 
Sorry the photo's fuzzy! The camera just did not want to focus!!
The soles of the feet attached fairly easily, the only issue I've got is that there's a tonne left and I've no idea what to do with it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! The thing I didn't realise about the onesie is that there is a LOT of sewing, like, a mega amount! I guess I probably should have predicted this since you do need to sew around both arms and legs. But, being my incredibly silly self, I decided to stitch it, then overlock it, if you're looking for a way to double the time it takes then there you go. 


Anyway, I feel like this post is already getting pretty long so, to prevent things getting out of hand I guess I should move onto the reading pillow! It's stuffed with those polystyrene balls that you find in beanbags. Now, when I was making this I took into account the fact that I might want to wash the cover, so I made a lining for the filling (now it's sounding like a cake...) I did this by sewing a bunch of scraps together, then making a shape the exact same size as the cover. I made both then filled the inner completely, thinking that the outside would just fit on perfectly. Well no. I'd decided to use a zip that I already had, one which was probably half the size it should have been. Anyway, I ended up having to take almost all of the beans out, shove the inner in, add the beans, then stitch it up again. Urgh. If you've ever worked with these beans then you know what a pain they are! I'm a tad on the clumsy side so the number of beans I had to pick up off the floor was astronomical! Anyway, everything ended up working so it's all good! I actually drafted this post on paper, in the dark, with a torch, in a tent. If you're interested in seeing some of the photo's from the camping trip I went on then *here's* a whole post! Ok, that's all for this post, let me know what you think in the comments!